HOW WOULD A PRE-NEED HELP?
Pre-planning is a loving gift you can make for your family and survivors that provides complete peace of mind to everyone involved.
Why should you make pre-arrangements for your funeral?
- You can plan together as a family
- You help spare your loved ones from having to make difficult decisions
- It ensures your wishes are well-documented and carried out
- It ensures all your personal documents are organized and easy for your survivors to locate
- It helps control costs and reduces emotional overspending
- You can personalize your plan to reflect your unique personality
Here are some tips that may help you start the advance planning conversation with your loved ones:
- Set a time to have the conversation. Schedule it as an appointment with your loved ones, whether you want to share your plans with them or ask them to make their plans to share with you.
- Tell your parent or loved one that you want to ensure their final arrangements are done according to their wishes, and you need their help to make that happen.
To open the discussion to learn more details about your loved one’s wishes, ease into the conversation with questions such as:
- “Have you ever thought about where you would like to be buried?”
- “What type of funeral would you like to have?”
Take advantage of funeral-related opportunities. Attending the funeral of a friend, family member, or colleague or watching a movie or television show with funeral scenes may naturally prompt the discussion with your own loved ones. Talk about what you liked or didn’t like about the services you saw or attended.